As the first day post-TCon comes to a close, thought I may as well hit up the blog-isphere.
ThesCon stands for the State Thespian Conference of Colorado. This year I was one of over 4,000 something high school students to participate. You are given opportunities to perform and audition, take workshops with professionals in the biz, and mingle with other thespians, who honestly once you become a thespian those are the only people you can ever really mingle with ever again.
I had a very productive few days and made amazing progress with my choice one college's theatre program. I'm confident of acceptance now and a an exciting new future at the U of Northern Colorado. I will major in Theatre Education. I... Honestly am so blessed for ThesCon.
"You couldn't catch a chipmunk if all it's legs were broken and it was glued to your hand."
The Foreigner is a brilliant and amazing show. I want to be in it.
In all seriousness, I loved being there. The mingling, the fun times with my troupe 4492, and just getting away for a while. But school is tomorrow, and that's not so much fun.
Also, maybe hopefully, the four girls in workshop 8, "Acting: The Active Process" who go to Rock Canyon, please, if you see this, hi, I'm sorry I couldn't find you guys after the workshop and give you my name, you're all beautiful and awesome and I kinda hate myself for not introducing myself more.
So, basically, ThesCon will and always rock. As my last year as a participant, I made the most of it. I never would have met Tom McNally, or been considered for admission to the AADA or NYCDA. For future thespians who may read this, choose your workshops carefully. My advice? Improv isn't necessarily worth taking, and don't take the by the book IE or scholarship audition first classes, take like, Allison Watrous' Audition Bootcamp. You get a lot more out of it.
I love you, ThesCon. Miss you already.
Huzzah!
No comments:
Post a Comment